Are you new on Snapchat and looking to add your friends and family members in your friend list but unable to do the same because you don’t know their username?
Well, no need to worry as this article will tell you some of the best ways on how to find someone on Snapchat even if you don’t know their username.
Snapchat is one of the best social media platforms just like Facebook and Instagram but it is very easy for you to grow your friend list on Snapchat. Snapchat gives a unique username to each member having an account on Snapchat and using this username anyone can add you in their friend list but what if they don’t know your username?
Then, you can add anyone on Snapchat using the,
- Snapchat Search Engine,
- Snapcode feature,
- Nearby feature,
- Search option or,
- By their phone number.
Now we are going to describe you each of the above-given methods in detail.
The first and the very basic method of finding and adding someone on Snapchat is through the username.
You can add anyone using this method by following the steps given below:
- Open your Snapchat app.
- On your camera screen, you will see a small icon with a + sign next to it. Tap that icon.
- Enter the username of whomever you want to add in the search box.
- Click on the add now button.
Now if you don’t know that username then also you can find and add anyone on Snapchat in the following ways.
Add Anyone on Snapchat Using SnapcodeSnapcode is a kind of QR code specially designed for Snapchat application. Every member has his/her own unique Snapcode. So if you have the Snapcode of anyone whom you want to add then all you have to do is just scan that snapcode and done. The person will be added to your Snapchat account.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to add using Snapcode:
– Ask for the Snapcode from the person you want to add or ask for his/her snapcode from a friend or friend of a friend.
– Save that Snapcode in your phone gallery.
– Open your Snapchat application.
– On your camera screen, click on the user icon with + sign beside it. (the icon will be placed on the top right corner of the screen).
– You will be seeing 3 options now. Add Friends, Contacts, and Snapcode.
– Select the Snapcode option.
– Select the desired Snapcode from your gallery.
– Click on the add friend button.
– Done. The person is now added to your friend list.
Adding Friend and Family Members Using Phone NumberIn case you are not able to find your friend or family member using the Snapcode feature then here is another way to find anyone on Snapchat.
You can find someone on Snapchat using their phone number. In order to add follow the below given steps:
– Open your Snapchat app and click on the Add friends icon given on the top right corner of the screen.
– Now, click on the My Friends button.
– Your contact list will be loaded.
– Now all you have to do is just find your friend’s contact and click on the add button.
– Done. That particular person will be added to your friend list.
Adding Friends on Snapchat Using Quick Add FeatureQuick add option in Snapchat lets you add your nearby friends in your friend list within a minute.
How to do that?
Well just follow these simple steps and all will be done.
– Open your Snapchat application on your phone and click on the “Add Friends Icon” given on the top right corner of the screen.
– Click on Find Friends and then navigate to the Quick Add tab.
– Now, all you need to do is just keep tapping on the add button to add whoever you want to add in your friend list.
– Done. All added.
Adding via Nearby FeatureIf you are using Snapchat and still not aware of the super cool Nearby feature then you are missing a great feature to find people on Snapchat who are near to you and make new friends easily.
In order to add new friends using the nearby option all you have to do is:
– Open your Snapchat app.
– Click on your profile picture to open the profile page.
– Click on the Add button.
– Click on the nearby button.
– Now, all those who have enabled this feature in their Snapchat app and are near to your current location will be visible to you on a map.
– All you have to do is start adding these random people to make new friends on Snapchat.
Given above are some of the best steps and ways of how to find someone on Snapchat even if you don’t know their username or phone number.
So what are you waiting for? Just open your Snapchat app and start following any of the above-given ways in order to find your friends on Snapchat and make new random friends on Snapchat easily and increase your friend list.